Friday, August 20, 2010

Random Photos

People have asked me if Africa was all I expected it to be and if I got out of it what I hoped to. The answers are a resounding YES, and YES (although I'm not sure I really hoped to get anything out of it except an incredible experience).

I'll post a much longer entry later today or tomorrow, when I've collected some of my thoughts about my original reasons for going to Africa and my responses to some of the comments I've received on the trip.

But, in the meantime, here's a few random shots.

This was shortly after I arrived. We were taken on a carriage ride around the reserve to (hopefully) spot some wildlife. And we did!  Zebra, an absolutely giant giraffe, some tsessebe, plenty of impala, wildebeest, and a few other assorted critters.


Here's a shot of the incredibly awesome campfire pit. I need one of these in my backyard!


I have more random shots to post, but for some reason they're taking forever to upload right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment