Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Lion Who Started It All

It's only been a few years since I became involved in lion conservation and photography, but it sure seems longer. The lion population has continued to decline. And my resolve has continued to increase.

Looking back to why I became interested in this issue, I re-read some old blog posts and came upon Christian. He of YouTube fame. I wonder if that gorgeous big cat knows how many people's lives he changed. His affection for the two humans who raised him - and loved him enough to set him free - will always be inspiring.

We must honor Christian by honoring the lions that remain by ensuring their survival. Some of those lions may be related to Christian.


 Christian as a cub in London.

Growing up in London.

Christian with Ace and John.

Christian reuniting with Ace and John
after his release in Africa.



Animals Matter.

1 comment: