Wednesday, July 20, 2011

International Exotic Animal Sanctuary

My Land Rover was recently overheating and I decided it was time to get a newer vehicle. I knew I wanted to donate my used Rover, but where? I was the original owner and this Rover served me very well for over eleven years. I ended up donating it to the International Exotic Animal Sanctuary in Boyd, Texas. I had recently written a blog about a tiger named Tony who was kept at a truck station in Louisiana in miserable conditions. Several weeks ago I received a call from Richard Gilbreth of IEAS updating me on Tony the Tiger's case. I really appreciated the fact that he took the time to update me on the details; that displayed a level of caring and concern for big cats that I truly appreciate.

I'm familiar with the work the sanctuary has done and have great respect for their knowledgeable caring attitude about big cats. What better place for my Land Rover than a big cat sanctuary? The sanctuary will have a Land Rover to use as it sees fit (after replacing the water pump!). Hopefully they have a mechanic who will donate his services. IEAS will get many years of good use out of it.

The sanctuary provides permanent homes to big cats that have been abused, abandoned, neglected, confiscated or are otherwise in need of new homes. They're careful to provide natural environments with the necessary enrichment tools the big cats need and deserve, along with veterinary care, proper nutrition, and a staff to ensure the needs of the big cats are met and exceeded.

The donated 1999 Land Rover Discovery II

Here's IEAS' blog post in appreciation:


If you'd like to support a big cat sanctuary, IEAS is very deserving of your support and all donations are tax deductible. Please visit their website here:


Here's a link to their wish list:


Here's just a few of the residents at IEAS (click on the name under the photo to get more information):

(photo credit: IEAS)

(photo credit: IEAS)

(photo credit: IEAS)


Animals Matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment