Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Thank You From Born Free

Since I started doing lion conservation work about two and a half years ago, Born Free was an organization that I've always wanted to help in any way possible. To me, they've always been an outstanding group that has demonstrated their true devotion and love of wildlife in their actions and not just with statements, rhetoric, or long winded speeches about what they hope to do. They actually set out to do something and accomplish it. Whether it's rescuing a lion in Somalia from a life doomed to a small cage or pushing the U.S. government to ban the import of lion trophies into this country, they push actions into results every day. Earlier this year Born Free was the recipient of a Dell laptop which was funded by funds raised through a combination of my Laptops for Lions initiative, my personal funds, and Born Free's contribution as well. The laptop, a Dell XPS15 with extended battery, will enable their Kenya office to continue their important work. I hope to donate additional laptops to Born Free in the future.

I was very excited to receive a call from Lorry Marvin of Born Free this morning to tell me that in a future issue of Born Free's magazine, they're thanking contributors who have gone "above and beyond" in their generosity and I was chosen to be mentioned in the article. I'm very humbled by this gesture and want to thank Born Free for thinking of me. I'll continue to support them and urge you to do the same.

Christmas is approaching and what better way to give than to give the gift of life? You can sponsor a particular type of animal through Born Free, set up monthly gifts, or give a give in honor of someone special in your life.

If you're interested in supporting this wonderful organization, please visit Born Free's Support Page:


Photo: Keon Robertson

THANK YOU!


Animals Matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment