Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dining in the Middle of the Great Migration

It's not very often that one can say they've dined out in the open African savannah plains, much less in the middle of the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra. I was lucky to recently have that experience and it's one I'll remember the rest of my life.

After some early morning game viewing, we stopped to enjoy our basket breakfast ... right in the middle of the wildebeest! Everywhere you looked in all directions were wildebeest, zebras, Thomsons gazelles; a 360 degree view of the African savannah's exquisite scenery and animals.

But a picture is worth a thousand words, so to speak, so I've come prepared with photos to share with you. If you love animals and Africa as much as I do, I hope one day you can experience this magical place and the annual migration. With human encroachment occurring at a rapid pace and the threat of the Serengeti highway, who knows how long the migration will be able to continue. I, for one, hope it continues without human interference. We've already decimated many beautiful species of animals and birds. Let the migration continue in all its wonderful glory: the drama, the carnage, the end of many lives and beginning of new hope in the animals born during the migration.



Animals Matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment